You are here
Peter T. Rakich
The Rakich group focuses on experimental nonlinear optics and spectroscopy. Research areas include: the study of natural and artificial forms of optical nonlinearity in nanostructured effective media; the dynamics and evolution of nonlinear systems at new time and length scales; optical forces and energetics in nanoscale systems; nonlinear nano-optomechanical interactions.
H. Shin, W. Qiu, R. Jarecki, J. A. Cox, R. H. Olsson, A Starbuck, Z. Wang, and P. T. Rakich, âTailorable Stimulated Brillouin Scattering in Nanoscale Silicon Waveguides,â Nature Communications, Vol 4, No. 1944 (2013).
P. Rakich, C. Reinke, R. Camacho, P. Davids, and Z. Wang, âGiant Enhancement of Stimulated Brillouin Scattering in the Subwavelength Limit,â Physical Review X, vol. 2, no. 1, p. 011008, Jan. 2012.
P. T. Rakich, Z. Wang, and P. Davids, âScaling of optical forces in dielectric waveguides: rigorous connection between radiation pressure and dispersion.,â Optics letters, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 217â9, Jan. 2011.
P. T. Rakich, P. Davids, and Z. Wang, âTailoring optical forces in waveguides through radiation pressure and electrostrictive forces.,â Optics express, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 14439â53, Jul. 2010.
P. T. Rakich, M. a. PopoviÄ, M. SoljaÄiÄ, and E. P. Ippen, âTrapping, corralling and spectral bonding of optical resonances through optically induced potentials,â Nature Photonics, vol. 1, no. 11, pp. 658â665, Nov. 2007.
P. T. Rakich, Y. Fink, and M. SoljaciÄ, âEfficient mid-IR spectral generation via spontaneous fifth-order cascaded-Raman amplification in silica fibers.,â Optics letters, vol. 33, no. 15, pp. 1690â2, Aug. 2008.
P. T. Rakich, M. S. Dahlem, S. Tandon, M. Ibanescu, M. Soljacic, G. S. Petrich, J. D. Joannopoulos, L. A. Kolodziejski, and E. P. Ippen, âAchieving centimetre-scale supercollimation in a large-area two-dimensional photonic crystal,â Nature Materials, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 93â96, Feb. 2006.
- P. Rakich and M. Popovic, âControlling optical resonances via optically induced potentials,â US Patent 7,583,874, 2009.
- P. Rakich, M. Soljacic, and Y. Fink, âOptimized cascaded raman fiber-based laser source for high efficiency mid-infrared spectral generation,â US Patent 8,189,257, 2012.
- M. Ibanescu, E. Reed, P.T. Rakich, S.G. Johnson, E.P. Ippen, J.D. Joannopoulos, M. Soljacic, R.E. Hamam, Efficient terahertz sources by optical rectification in photonic crystals and metamaterials exploiting tailored transverse dispersion relations, 2007, US Patent Number - US 7421171 B2.
- P.T. Rakich, P. Davids, Z. Wang, R. Camacho, I. El-kady, R.H. Olsson, C.M. Reinke, Nano-Optomechanical Transducer, 2010, US Patent Number - US8600200 B1.
- P.T. Rakich, Ultralow loss cavities and waveguides via radiation cancellation, 2011, US Patent Number -US 8625939 B1.