Academic Job Boards, Yale Office of Postdoctoral Affairs : There are many ways to find academic job openings and successful candidates usually use a variety of search methods to identify openings.
The Academic Job Boards, Yale Office of Postdoctoral Affairs page provides a list of commonly used academic job search websites that you may find helpful.
Job opportunities at Drexel University College of Engineering
The College of Engineering at Drexel University invites applicants for tenure-track assistant professor faculty positions across multiple departments in the cluster themes of energy and sustainability; smart, integrated cities; and health, wellness, and medicine.
Drexel University’s College of Engineering strives to create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment. The college values inclusion as a core strength and an essential part of our founder, AJ Drexel’s mission of preparing each new generation of students for productive professional and civic lives, while also focusing our collective expertise on solving society’s greatest problems.
The departmental breakdown of the clustered research expertise areas are as follows:
Energy and sustainability
- Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering – seeking candidates to build dynamic and exciting research in any one or more of the following areas: a) building systems or technologies, including modeling and data analytics; b) environmental issues related to resilience and vulnerability; c) impacts of climate, pollution, and land use; or d) sustainable cities and infrastructure needs for cities of the future.
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering – seeking candidates who can establish a dynamic collaborative materials research program and contribute to the development and delivery of a learner-centered, agile curriculum.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics – seeking candidates across all areas of Mechanical Engineering including a) design, solid mechanics, and manufacturing; b) control and robotics; and c) thermal, fluid sciences.
Smart, Integrated Cities
- Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering – seeking candidates to build a dynamic and exciting research program in the areas of physical-cyber infrastructure and/or design and management of next-generation urban transportation systems.
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering – seeking candidates with expertise in robotics and automation who can establish a dynamic ECE research program along with the potential to collaborate on current programs such as machine learning, biomedical imaging, medical robotics, and the Internet of Things.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics – seeking candidates in all areas of Mechanical Engineering including a) design, solid mechanics, and manufacturing; b) control and robotics; and c) thermal, fluid sciences.
Health, wellness, and medicine
- Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering – seeking candidates with research expertise in the general area of biotechnology, including biomanufacturing, pharmaceuticals, systems biology, and/or cell biology, as part of not only the College of Engineering’s Cluster Hiring Initiative, but also a University-wide faculty hiring initiative around cell engineering and gene therapeutics.
The applicant must have a PhD in Engineering or a related field by the 9/1/22 start date. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of and commitment to scholarly achievement and excellence.
SUPPLEMENTAL POSTING INFORMATION
Since its founding in the midst of the industrial revolution in 1891, Drexel University has emphasized its strengths in engineering, science, and technology to train future leaders. In little over a century, Drexel University has transformed itself into a large, comprehensive institution committed to excellence in education, research, and service to engineering society and the broader community. Although much has changed, the original mission of the University still rings true today. To learn more about each of the divisions and programs offered, visit Drexel Engineering.
Drexel is one of Philadelphia’s top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university, and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America’s 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
To apply for these positions, please visit Careers at Drexel. In one PDF, candidates should submit the following: cover letter, curriculum vitae, brief research and teaching statement, a diversity statement (a diversity statement that presents and discusses the candidate’s past experiences, present efforts, and/or future aspirations to promoting equity, inclusion, and diversity in all aspects of their academic careers – please feel free to consult the Office of Equality and Diversity for Drexel University’s position on equality and diversity), and the names of three external references. The submission deadline is November 8, 2021. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.